Watch WrestleMania 28 live for free!

WWEUnveiled will be streaming WrestleMania 28 live for free on April 1st, so don't miss the action on the grandest stage of them all!

Watch Free WWE PPV streams Live!

You can watch your favorite PPVs live right here on WWEUnveiled!

Download WWE movies and DVDs

coming soon!

More news soon

more news soon

More news soon

more news soon

Showing posts with label FCW. Show all posts
Showing posts with label FCW. Show all posts

3/30/2011

WWE could house Hall of Fame in Tampa, FL

According to HOF inductee Road Warrior Animal, WWE is looking to Tampa, Fl as a possible location for a physical hall of fame.

Tampa is currently the home of Florida Championship Wrestling, WWE’s developmental organization.

Animal told The Score in Canada: “WWE is looking at a big building in Tampa. I’m gonna donate some of my gear there – maybe some of my spiked-shoulder pads will go in the Hall. They’re getting stuff from everybody. And it’s gonna be an attraction – some place where fans can go. It’s gonna be like the Pro Football Hall of Fame.”

He also talked about going in himself. He said, “Well you know how it is. Jealousy is the greatest equalizer (in our business) sometimes. Guys who don’t get invited to it…it’s just jealousy. You look at the path people take in this business, and I knew it was going to be sooner-or-later.”

3/26/2011

Report: WWE Talents jealous of Sin Cara?

Source: The Pro Wrestling Torch

Rumors recently surfaced online indicating that Rey Mysterio asked World Wrestling Entertainment officials to release him from his contract following WrestleMania XXVII. Mysterio, however, shot down the rumors on his Twitter account, saying he did not ask to be released and that he will be around for a while. According to a source, Mysterio did in fact have a ‘blow-up’ with WWE management back in February.

Former WCW star Konnan, a longtime friend of Mysterio, told a source that the assumption that the SmackDown! star is bothered by the recent signing of Mexican sensation Sin Cara is way off. He said Mysterio isn’t the type to be jealous. Rather, he welcomes new talent as potential rivals or teammates.

It would appear that Mysterio and Sin Cara will be kept on opposite WWE brands for the time being as the newcomer is slated to initially work RAW live events. As noted earlier here on the website, he made his first appearance inside a WWE ring at last night’s RAW house show in Assembly Hall in Champaign, Illinois, defeating WWE Superstars fixture Primo.

Meanwhile, Alberto Del Rio was asked to comment on WWE signing Sin Cara during an interview published earlier this week on latino.foxnews.com. While the article says he is “pleased” to hear WWE sign a fellow countryman, he doesn’t acknowledge Sin Cara in particular. He instead says that he’s happy WWE is using a number of Latino wrestlers, before turning the subject back to himself.

“I’m just happy this company uses so many Latino talent,” Del Rio said. “There is so much talent out there, from Puerto Rico to Mexico, just to name a few. I hope it continues like that. Because of that, I am here and getting all these opportunities.”

According to another backstage source, the claim of Del Rio being “pleased” about Sin Cara joining WWE is contrary to a behind the scenes story they’ve heard. We’ll have more on that shortly.

3/21/2011

WWE star debuts new name, character & finisher!

Husky Harris, who was demoted last month to Florida Championship Wrestling (though officially still listed as a RAW Superstar), recently debuted a masked character in the developmental promotion.

Paying homage to his grandfather, WWE Hall of Famer Blackjack Mulligan, Harris appeared at the March 9 and 16 FCW live events as Axl Mulligan. His appearance appears based on the Lord Humongous character from the 1981 film Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior, which spurned various knock-offs in wrestling. Harris wears jeans and a black Misfits T-shirt to go along with the hockey like mask.


Harris has also changed his in-ring mannerisms and is using the Stone Cold Stunner as his finishing maneuver. He beat Ricardo Rodriguez with the move last Wednesday, and then struck Brodus Clay during a post-match brawl. Photos of that event has surfaced online. You can click here to view photos of the new gimmick.

It is unclear as to whether the character will continue as Harris appeared as himself at last Thursday’s FCW live event, one day removed from appearing as the masked persona.

3/17/2011

The early ‘Tough Enough’ favorite + FCW Diva fails

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

– According to reports from the Tough Enough set, Luke Robinson is considered the early favorite on the show. He stands out as a star and is considered a good wrestler that possesses charisma. Show host Steve Austin was so impressed by Robinson that he is privately working out with him.
Robinson is a 26-year-old independent wrestler from Maine who performs under the name “Golden Boy” Bobby Robinson. His USANetwork.com bio reads: “For him, WWE combines all his passions rolled into one: performing, marketing, athleticism and traveling. Luke proved his athleticism as captain of his high school’s varsity soccer, hockey and baseball teams, competing all four years, before moving on to getting his BA in Business Administration from University of Southern Maine.”

– WWE developmental talent Su Yung (a/k/a Sonia) tried out for Tough Enough but failed to make the cast. The Seattle based wrestler signed a contract with WWE last year and is currently listed on the official Florida Championship Wrestling website as a Diva.

Jerry Lawler, 61, revealed in a recent interview with Fighting Spirit that he is dating Yung, who is 21 years old. Of course, the age difference between the two is 40 years. Get it, Jerry!

3/11/2011

Insight on new ‘Tough Enough’ season & Lawler’s girlfriend

Source: Pro Wrestling Torch

– According to sources within WWE, the revival of Tough Enough is being labeled as a reality television show about individuals who want to become WWE Superstars rather than a reality show about professional wrestling. People within WWE who were against the original premise of the show because they felt it exposed the industry are in favor of it being character driven.

– WWE developmental wrestler Su Yung (a/k/a Sonia) is among the cast of Tough Enough. However, her profile remains on the official website Florida Championship Wrestling, which would indicate that she is not. Former WWE developmental talent Christina Crawford (a/k/a Caylee Turner) and Andy Leavine (a/k/a Kevin Hackman) are contestants on the show and their respective profiles were removed from the site last month. She is also dating Jerry Lawler in real-life. The age difference between the two is 40 years.

3/09/2011

WWE signs 4 students of ex-talent

Lance Storm issued the following statement:

“Very happy to report that the 4th Storm Wrestling Academy Student has been offered a WWE Developmental contract. This past weekend WWE held one of their FCW tryout camps and several SWA students attended. With these tryout camps the top prospect is offered a WWE developmental contract and for the second straight tryout camp in a row a Storm Wrestling Academy graduate took that top spot and earned the WWE contract.

The previous camp winner Mattias Wild has been in developmental for a couple months, and is competing under the name Mike Dalton. Out of the same camp but hired later, Brandon Barker, has just reported for duty in FCW and will no doubt be renamed soon. My third signee (name withheld until her work visa and all paper work is finalized) heads for her medicals and testing this week. The latest signee (another female student) will now have a lot of paper work as well as her medical testing to go through before she gets to report to work in Florida.

Congratulations to all four. I can’t wait until you take that final step to the big stage and debut on WWE television.”

3/01/2011

Jerry Lawler dating 21-Year old diva, Alex Riley-Miz-RAW

Partial Source: Pwinsider

– WWE children’s books on Rey Mysterio, Kofi Kingston, Big Show and more are currently being developed.

– Alex Riley was challenged by John Cena on RAW under the stipulation that if he were to lose, he would be fired as The Miz’s apprentice. The Anonymous RAW General Manager decreed that the match would be contested via Steel Cage Match, with the only way to win would be to escape the cage. Despite assistance from the Miz, who promised not to interfere with the match, Riley lost when Cena forced his way out of the cage.

– Jerry Lawler is currently dating 21-year old FCW Diva Su Yung. She goes by the name ‘Sonia’ in FCW. Lawler is 61 years old so there is a difference of 40 years in age between the two.

2/21/2011

More on the WWE firings & Alex Riley's big mistake!

Partial Source: Pwinsider.com

Note from Joe: it was going to get insanely busy and man has it ever! We expect this to continue through WrestleMania so be sure to check back in often! We’re here all the time with the latest breaking news and rumors. Thanks for your continued support of the blog. CHECK BACK IN OFTEN!!!

– Alex Riley appeared alongside WWE Champion The Miz on Comcast Sports Net Saturday night and accidentally said the word ‘wrestling’ while discussing NXT. He quickly corrected himself. It sounds crazy but ‘wrestling’ is a major no-no when it comes to talking about WWE. ‘Sports Entertainment’ is the correct term that management insists their talent use.

– We can now confirm that WWE released developmental wrestlers Caylee Turner and Kevin Hackman last week. It’s being speculated that one or two additional developmental wrestlers were let go.
While reasons for their respective departures have yet to be disclosed, Turner’s is not considered a surprise among those in Florida Championship Wrestling. It’s said that she caused a great deal of drama during her time with the organization.

Turner is the younger sister of WWE Diva Alicia Fox while Hackman is a former collegiate football player.

Another WWE release & fired WWE referee re-hired!

Partial Source: Pwinsider.com

– WWE developmental wrestler Kevin Hackman was removed last week from the Florida Championship Wrestling’s website roster page, which would indicate that he has parted ways with World Wrestling Entertainment. Hackman, who’s real name is Andrew Leavine, is a former Florida International University offensive lineman WWE signed last summer to a developmental contract.

– WWE has apparently rehired referee Scott Armstrong, who was released last February. The son of wrestling legend “Bullet” Bob Armstrongs wrote on Twitter that he was blessed with Michelle McCool responding that she was happy for him as he gets to be with her again.

– Natalya indicated on her Twitter account that she is training for a marathon.

2/08/2011

*Spoilers!* Possible WrestleMania 27 Match!

Michael Cole has been training in FCW in recent weeks. He’s been learning how to take bumps.

This has led to speculation that we’ll see a Michael Cole vs. Jerry Lawler match at WrestleMania. The setup would be for Cole to once again cost Lawler the title at the Elimination Chamber pay-per-view.

Jerry Lawler vs. Alex Riley with Michael Cole as the special guest referee has also been talked about along with several other ideas.

Nothing is confirmed as of this writing. More as we get it.