– Creative changed the planned finish to Sunday nights WWE Championship Triple Threat Hell in a Cell Match between John Cena, CM Punk and Alberto Del Rio during the afternoon hours. The finish to the World Heavyweight Championship Hell in a Cell Match between Mark Henry and Randy Orton was the same as was planned a few days back.
– Four third row seats grouped together for Sunday nights Hell in a Cell pay-per-view event at the New Orleans Arena in New Orleans, Louisiana were available as of this morning. Furthermore, the seats were facing the camera.
Watch WrestleMania 28 live for free!
WWEUnveiled will be streaming WrestleMania 28 live for free on April 1st, so don't miss the action on the grandest stage of them all!
10/03/2011
Major HIAC Creative changes, HIAC attendance
9/21/2011
Vince McMahon was upset backstage at RAW
Vince McMahon was irate backstage at Monday’s RAW SuperShow after his name was mentioned by Alberto Del Rio during the live broadcast.
Many people within WWE believe McMahon got upset because he is returning to television soon and did not want his name mentioned. Del Rio and the creative writer involved in the segment were both yelled at backstage by Vince.
Stephanie McMahon, who was on hand for the event, attempted to calm her father down but was unable to do so. He remained temperamental for the rest of the night as he was yelling at colleagues throughout the show and making life miserable for those around him.
8/10/2011
WWE’s new Creative Team member revealed
Kevin Eck, who writes a pro wrestling blog for The Baltimore Sun, has announced that he is leaving the newspaper organization to become a member of the WWE creative team.
“I can’t stress enough how few jobs there are that could get me to entertain the thought of leaving The Sun for even a second. In fact, this opportunity with WWE may be the only one,” Eck wrote.
“I think this is an exciting time to be joining WWE, which is currently in the process of altering its creative approach. I’ve accepted a position that will allow me to contribute from a creative standpoint and also use my skills as a journalist.”
8/08/2011
New WWE Creative Team member, Chris Jericho's WWE return?
– Starting at the end of the month, a new writer will join the WWE creative team. This new writer will work hand in hand with Triple H in creating and grooming talent. At this time, the identity of the writer is not known.
– Chris Jericho was recently interviewed by Canada’s FortMcMurrayToday.com and was asked about a WWE return. Here is what he said: “I have no plans for it right now. Like I said, I didn’t leave wrestling for any bad reasons, it’s just that I had a lot of other stuff that was going on in my life that I’ve been wanting to work on, and Fozzy is one of the main reasons for that. I know sometimes that pisses wrestling fans off, but I don’t care. I do what I do to make myself happy. I’ve done wrestling for 20 years and I’ve been in Fozzy for 12. Fozzy is in the same place now after 12 years, that I was as a performer after 12. Just really on the verge of becoming something bigger. So I’d be crazy to not to devote as much time to the band as I can and take it as far as we can go. Wrestling is always there, it’s not going anywhere. Will I come back? I don’t know. But I have no plans of it right now.”
7/28/2011
Six Different RAW Scripts Changed!
As everyone knows by now, this past Monday’s RAW featured the first night that Triple H was “in charge” as well as the returns of John Morrison, Jim Ross and CM Punk.
We noted earlier here on the website that RAW was completely re-written prior to the show going live. In an update on this, there were actually SIX different scripts for RAW that had been circulating throughout the day. One of those scripts had Triple H laying out CM Punk with a pedigree. Of course, that didn’t happen. This just goes to show you how much things change on a daily basis in WWE.
As most would assume, the obvious scenario would be to really push CM Punk to the top considering his recent storyline angle and fan interest. With that being said, most of the RAW scripts were not about having CM Punk go over. They were more about pushing Triple H’s new “authority figure” role. Surprised?!
As noted, the original RAW script called for CM Punk to be attacked by Triple H with a pedigree. Alberto Del Rio would then have come out and cashed in his Money in the Bank briefcase against John Cena at SummerSlam. This would have put Triple H over as a major heel and then led to a storyline with CM Punk.
Of course, all scripts besides one were scrapped and that’s what you saw on Monday night.
6/19/2011
WWE's Creative Team extremely busy
WWE’s creative team has a VERY busy next few weeks ahead of them. Following the three-hour Monday Night RAW and SmackDown! tapings this past week on 6/13 and 6/14, the company has the Capitol Punishment PPV tonight, another three-hour RAW this Monday, SmackDown! tapings on Tuesday and then must prepare for double RAW tapings on 6/27 in Las Vegas and the double SmackDown! tapings on 6/28 (Phoenix) and 6/29 (Tucson). The team will be given time off after that, which will include the July 4th holiday weekend while the WWE crew heads overseas for a tour of Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. Of course, this means it’ll be crazy busy on our website as well. Stay tuned and check back in often!!
3/12/2011
Did Sting recently negotiate with WWE?
Partial Source: The Pro Wrestling Torch
Multiple TNA sources indicate there were no real discussions between Steve “Sting” Borden and WWE. Any talk of Sting being tied to the ’2-21-11′ vignettes were false, although some within TNA insist company president Dixie Carter was convinced that was case until ‘Taker’s face was shown. Others within the company say Sting and Dixie had been in talks for weeks negotiating a new contract and Dixie knew that Sting wasn’t the type of guy who would “screw her over and jump ship to WWE”.
People within TNA were predicting that Sting wouldn’t join WWE due to the comfort level he has with the Nashville based organization and wrestlers he counts on to carry him in the ring. There is also some heat between Sting and Vince McMahon from years ago. WWE has sent ‘feelers’ Sting’s way numerous times throughout the years and he has always turned them down. There is also no way that Sting would work a full-time WWE schedule including house shows as he’s considered a “family man” these days. He is willing to work the TNA schedule as it allows him to spend time at home with his wife and kids.
1/23/2011
Ex-WWE Writer: McCool's position & relationship w/ 'Taker
Many have attributed Michelle McCool’s high-ranking status in World Wrestling Entertainment to her real-life relationship with The Undertaker. The two, who are now married, became a couple in late 2007 and she has been arguably the most spotlighted — and criticized — female competitor in the organization ever since. McCool herself is well aware of her critics as she frequently brushes them off on her Twitter account.
John Piermarini, a former writer with WWE, recently started a blog (http://www.wrestlingrecall.blogspot.com/) recalling numerous behind the scenes stories which occurred during his two year stint with the organization. He reveals that he was the exclusive writer of Lay-Cool and adamantly denies McCool receiving preferential treatment due to her relationship with The Undertaker.
Piermarini wrote, “Vince McMahon appointed me the exclusive writer for LayCool. Not because she got that special privilege but because we asked for it. Let me take this time to say Michelle McCool gets zero favors because she is married to Undertaker. Michelle McCool accomplished everything she got because she was the best.
“If you need to blame someone you need to blame me because I was the one who would push hard for anything Michelle got on TV. Michelle could wrestle and Michelle could talk, a lot of MALE Superstars can’t do that and Michelle would have been successful with or without Undertaker. There were a lot of people who wanted to see Michelle fail and she fought that the entire time I was there.”
McMahon high on Sheffield, Nexus plans rejected and Usos note
John Piermarini, a recent former writer with WWE, recently started a blog (http://www.wrestlingrecall.blogspot.com/) recalling numerous behind the scenes stories that occurred during his two year stint with the organization. Highlights include:
* Piermarini says the original concept of the Uso brothers was to present them as the opposite of the stereotypical Samoan wrestler—educated, intelligent and wear boots. “Usos would essentially have been the Russell Simmons of the WWE. That preppy hip-hop style,” he says. Piermarini attributes their lackluster push in the organization to Vince McMahon not understanding hip-hop culture, and thus couldn’t comprehend the appeal of the brothers Uso. He also says they fell victim to bad timing due to The Nexus debuting shortly after them.
* Vince McMahon views Skip Sheffield as a potential number two babyface, behind John Cena. He remains sidelined after suffering a compound fracture of his ankle in August. Expect a major push when he returns but as always, things can change. Sheffield has always reminded me and others within WWE as a young ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin. He’s definitely got mic skills as well.
* Piermarini says he originally proposed that Mason Ryan fill Sheffield’s powerhouse role in The Nexus shortly after “The Cornfed Meathead” fractured his ankle. Vince McMahon, however, rejected the idea at the time.