3/31/2011

Jerry Lawler Speaks Out – WrestleMania Match, Cole

Jerry “The King” Lawler recently did an interview with Alex Marvez for ScrippsNews.com. He talks WrestleMania, Michael Cole, and more. Here are some highlights:

How his mother would react to WWE’s storyline:
“Probably not, but I don’t mean that in a bad way. My mom was never a wrestling fan. She worked for us for 20 years at the (Memphis) wrestling company, but all she did was sold advance tickets for us. She never stayed for the matches. She couldn’t stand watching me wrestle. It made her too nervous. No matter what age, I was always her baby. She was worried about her son getting hurt.”

On nearly giving up on a WrestleMania match:
“Every single year it just seemed like something else would come up. I’d get pushed to the backburner or it just wasn’t remembered. When 2009 and 2010 came and went with nothing there, I wasn’t really expecting anything just because it was a situation where I thought the age thing was going to play a big factor.”

His WrestleMania match with Michael Cole:
“All I know is when I hit him, he’s going down one way or the other whether he knows how to fall or not. In that respect, I don’t think there’s any way he can screw up”

0 comments :

Post a Comment