3/20/2011

Shawn Michaels Speaks Out: retirement, return?, More

Shawn Michaels spoke in the new issue of WWE Magazine about his post-wrestling life, the Hall of Fame and more. Here are some of the highlights:

On his retirement: “No matter how many times you say, ‘I’m not coming back,’ someone will always question you. There’s always someone out there, especially with the Internet, saying you’ll be coming back, or that you have ulterior motives, or whatever. That’s just part of the gig.”

On whether the Undertaker is a factor in his staying retired: “Again, I’m in a position where I have the luxury of being able to say, ‘No, I don’t want to do that’ if I don’t want to do something. And, if I say that, it’s not going to happen. I wouldn’t have put my career on the line against Undertaker’s streak if I wasn’t 100 percent ready to accept the consequences. Staying retired is as much about respecting him, and the match, as it is about respecting the promise I made to myself and my family. Sometimes there are moments that you just can’t beat.”

On Ric Flair’s return: “So many people ask me about Ric, and whether his return bothers me. I always say, ‘Absolutely not.’ One match at Wrestlemania XXIV – that moment – was truly 100 percent real to me. And it was real to him. And that’s never going to change. I want Ric to be happy. And to be perfectly honest, I know he’s happiest when he’s in the ring. That moment will always be very special to me.”

On guys who return after retiring: “It’s very tough to make a well thought-out decision when you don’t have the time to think it out. I had that luxury, I was able to craft the circumstances surrounding my exit to the point that the career-ending stipulation meant something. I understand why people can’t stay away. The atmosphere of the business – being around the guys in the locker room or out in the ring – can be very intoxicating.”

1 comments :

I think its great that HBK is sticking to his word, if it was Undertaker, he would do the same. Ric Flair left for another company so to me, its different, HBK returning to WWE in the front office, I 100% support that.

Post a Comment