3/26/2011

Steve Austin Speaks Out: Tough Enough, ‘What’

Steve Austin recently spoke to IGN.com about how eliminations will be handled on WWE Tough Enough and more. Check out the highlights:

On the elimination process: “My job is to sort through these contestants, weed out the weak and find the strong, and look for the person who is strong enough and tough enough and smart enough to be a WWE superstar. You know, there’s a lot of people that can get in this ring at a local or independent level, but it take a real special person to compete at the level of the WWE superstars and divas do. So, it’s my job to weed through that. Some of [the contestants] are green as grass, some of them have never really been in a ring before. Some of them have quite a few years of experience. But I paid a lot of dues when I broke into this business. I want them to learn to respect what goes on inside this 20×20 ring, and just pay some dues, as much as they can, while they’re here, and to learn this business from the bottom up. I just want them to have a sense of really what are the responsibilities of a WWE superstar, and I want them to pay some dues, and I want them to appreciate the rise or fall, but I want them to have a good time while they’re here.”

On “What” chants: “I tell you what, I would have never in a million years went up to Vince and said, ‘Hey, I’ve got this thing that I’m going to do and it’s going to make people say ‘What?’ after every pause or break in someone’s promo for the next ten years. I had no idea that even these days, when Michael Cole’s in the ring cutting a promo, if he puts that pause in there, they’ll come with a ‘What?!’ – but it’s been interesting!”

0 comments :

Post a Comment