2/23/2011

Jim Ross Blogs: Duggan-WWE, Lawler/Cole, WWE PG

Jim Ross has posted his latest blog entry. You can check it out at http://www.JRSBARBQ.com/ Check out the highlights:

On heading to Mexico: “I will be flying to Mexico City this week to take part in a major, groundbreaking, WWE news event on Thursday afternoon. I, along with others from WWE, will be at Vive Cuervo Salon in Mexico City for the 3:30 pm event. It’s FREE to the public but I suggest that if you are attending that you arrive early to secure your place in what promises to be a historic event for WWE in the tradition rich, grappling city of Mexico City. The doors open at 2 p.m. This will be my first ever trip to Mexico City and one of which I’m exited. I am honored that WWE has chosen me to be such a significant part of this function that is sure to make headlines in the sports entertainment world.”

On Jim Duggan getting into the Hall of Fame: “Congrats to Hacksaw Jim Duggan on the announcement that ‘Hack’ is going into the WWE Hall of Fame this year. The Glens Falls, New York native is one of the distinguished, Mid South Wrestling alums who learned his skills under the watchful and demanding eye of Cowboy Bill Watts. Jim became a huge star in Mid South before venturing ‘up north’ to take his skills to WWE. The former SMU Pony offensive lineman was one of the toughest men to ever lace his boots. After JYD departed Mid South, Duggan earned the role as the top fan favorite in the company. His rivalry with Ted ‘Million Dollar Man’ DiBiase in Mid South was big time and was highlighted by their infamous ‘Sharp Dressed Man’ tuxedo matches for the large Cowboy who loved physicality and true, reality based TV.”

On Lawler/Cole: “If Michael Cole accepts Jerry Lawler’s WM27 challenge and that is the WM match that King gets to have I know that Jerry will be MORE than pleased with it. Some have questioned if Jerry would truly enjoy stepping in the ring with Cole in Atlanta and on that one I can unequivocally say ‘Oh, Hell Yeah!’ Lawler deserves a match at Wrestlemania as much as any athlete on WWE’s roster in my biased opinion. Plus, if it happens, The King will beat Cole like a government mule. :) No…I don’t hate Michael Cole. I also don’t hate the screwdriver or hammer hanging in my garage which are also tools. ”

On the death of PG: “Can we stop with the TV14 questions? For some reason, folks think that because Rock and then John Cena got edgy with their in ring promos in recent RAWS that perhaps WWE is going back to a more risqué presentation ala a TV14 format. I don’t speak for WWE but going all the way back to TV14 would shock me. I’m not a guy who lives or dies by a TV rating but rather judges a wrestling, TV show by what I see in the ring headlined by high quality, physical wrestling action and not by the use of edgy language even though I do enjoy that too when effectively utilized. I will admit that in the past two weeks that I have been pleasantly surprised by some of the verbiage on MNR. I have grandkids and I would have had no issues with them watching Raw with me. ”

On the XFL: “The NFL did not want the XFL to succeed in my opinion. Why, is a question that I am unable to answer. The XFL was a spring football league that would have provided the NFL with some players, as they did in their only season of existence, for years to come and at affordable costs. NFL media sycophants loved to highlight what was wrong with the XFL but rarely were ballsy enough to point out that the XFL was providing football players with a way to return to the pro football radar. ”

On John Cena: “I loved John Cena’s return volley to the Rock on the Fresno Raw. Cena was in rare form. A face to face, verbal showdown between the two would be classic some day. Cena is quick and Rock perfected his ‘smack talking’ playing college football for ‘The U’ long known for their great players who were brash athletes who loved to talk trash. I’ve seen this first hand in recent years when OU played the ‘Canes. ”

Be sure to check out the full blog at http://www.JRSBARBQ.com/

2 comments :

When the whistle blew it was still relatively early on a weekend morning. Although I felt nearly as exhausted as the team all I wanted to do was celebrate - but the bright Californian sunshine was totally the wrong place. I wanted to be dancing down Hainton Avenue.

Football Booker

Can't wait to see what happens with Michael Cole and Lawler, especially this Monday on raw. It's going to be awesome.

Post a Comment