4/06/2011

Jim Ross Blogs: WrestleMania Trip + Tough Enough

Jim Ross has a new blog up at http://www.JRSBARBQ.com/ Here are the highlights…

On WrestleMania: The overall experience at WM27 was outstanding. We got to see many old friends and met many new friends. The WWE fans who traveled from all points from around the world were a joy to meet except for those that wanted to pose for photos in the men’s room. :) Announcing at WM27 was an adrenaline rush but I’ll admit that I was rusty and had plenty of pre-match anxiety as I would have liked to have been able to prep more. Plus, one never knows after a long absence from WM’s just how one will respond in the heat of battle. Being able to team with The King on Sunday night and Monday, for a few minutes anyway on RAW, made things easier for me. Broadcaster chemistry cannot be manufactured and the King and I were fortunate enough to have natural chemistry essentially since early on in our announcing tenure.

On WrestleMania 28: The journey between now and WM28 in Miami could well be very compelling especially considering that a main event has already been tabbed, the Rock vs. John Cena. I have no issue whatsoever in dubbing a main event a year in advance because that provides fans with a destination and hopefully the journey to the destination will be full of twists and turns. The opportunity to build an amazing anticipation for this bout certainly exists. The other main event at WM28 would, obviously, involve the Undertaker’s Streak which is now such a part of the fabric of the event. The Streak is embedded in Wrestlemania and it is one of the most anticipated aspects of the biggest event of the year for me.

Tough Enough: Nonetheless, I loved Tough Enough and I hear that the upcoming episodes are much more compelling that the first of which I throughly enjoyed. I’m happy and proud of @steveaustinBSR as he is a genuine star who carries himself big time on the reality show that I felt was extremely well produced and edited. Beginning Monday, TE will air on Monday nights leading directly into Monday Night Raw. I hope that you will check it out. I’m DVR’ing the entire series.

0 comments :

Post a Comment